Don't let Diabetes kick you in your mouth - use your mouth to fight back, and speak up here!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I've got the sugar blues.

I just stuck my finger
And tested my blood.
My numbers are high now
And that ain't no good.

I'm so tired of eating healthy.
I'm ready to shout.
Right now I'd sell my baby sister
For pizza carry-out.

(chorus)
I've got the blues.
The low down mean ole sugar blues.
And that is bad. It's makin' me sad.
I've got the blues.
The cravin' sweetness mean ole sugar blues
And it's getting worse. So here's the next verse.

I drove to the Quick Trip
To find me a snack.
I passed by the candy aisle
And walked straight to the back.

The whole grain taquitos
Smelled like nasty feet.
So I went back to my car
And found a Hershey's Kiss wedged in the seat.

(chorus)
Oh I've got the blues.
The low down mean ole sugar blues.
It's making me sad. I'm gonna be bad.
I've got the blues, and what's a girl to do?
I can't lie - I don't wanna die.
So I'll just head to my refrigerator
Dig into a bowl of fresh greens, and cry.



disclaimer: no animals or small children were hurt during the writing of this song. Alcohol was not a factor. Chocolate was not eaten. But there is a missing bowl of Breyer's low-carb vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Chad Lee said...

I need to sing this to a friend, or at least show him, as I can't sing: Rock Band has shown that.

While I'm not diabetic, I have friends who deal with it every day, and my Grandmother in Texas has it.

If you're looking for another diabetic song, check out the show Metalocalypse on Adult Swim. One of the characters in the most metal band ever, Dethklok, endorsed candy... to the point he became diabetic. In broken Swedish, his commercial went...

"I am Toki. I slips ins and outs of the diabetic comas. Buy my candy. They should make insulin flavored candies."

TINA said...

Too funny - I will check this out. C'mon, anybody can sign the blues...especially after a few beers, or some really cheap wine.

I really do try to take my Diabetes seriously, but if I don't have some release valve, I think I'd go nuts. This blog is helping, actually.

Thanks for posting.