Don't let Diabetes kick you in your mouth - use your mouth to fight back, and speak up here!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Spicy Remedy...

I've recently heard about the cinnamon connection to Type 2 Diabetes. According to some studies, cinnamon just might improve blood glucose and cholesterol levels. It's believed that a substance in cinnamon called MHCP is the reason for its beneficial results. Recommendations are a quarter to one full teaspoon of cinnamon daily. I'm taking cinnamon capsules - 1000mg once a day. I haven't really been on this regiment long enough to notice any results. But I am optimistic, as other Type 2 Diabetics I know have seen some good results with the cinnamon. I look at it this way - it's cheap, it's easy and it can't hurt.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Wow, I never would have thought that cinnamon would be so helpful with diabetes. I'll have to let my mom know about this... she's struggling with Type 2 diabetes herself (she takes Byetta daily to maintain her sugar levels). Thanks for passing this info along!

TINA said...

Good luck to your Mom - hope this info helps. The capsules are fairly inexpensive - especially at WalMart.